Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I tired.....I failed

!Getting ready for my new favorite ride: Toy Story

Gotta love the dye they use for cupcake frosting!


Happy Birthday Caroline!



I can admit when I fail at something, and apparently staying away from Disneyland is something I just cannot do. How could I resist two sisters and a niece meeting at Disneyland with their kids for the day? Not me. I thought I would wait until after the baby was a little bit older before I renewed my passes again and headed back up to Disneyland, I guess I was wrong. My oldest sister Diana came to visit her daughter Ashley and son Eli, Stephanie decided this would make a perfect birthday party for Caroline, and I wanted to see them all! I am glad I decided not to wait. Though I wouldn't suggest walking around Disneyland for 10 hours in 80 degree weather when you are eight months pregnant, if it involves my kids enjoying time with their cousins, and me with my sisters and nieces, it's well worth it!

13 comments:

Sunshine said...

You are such a great Mom. Your kids are lucky to have you.

diane said...

Now that's what I call a party! I hope you had Jacob push you around in the stroller for awhile.

3 sisters + cousins = FUN

Maree said...

Melissa, I love you--but you're seriously crazy! The only way I could have done Disneyland at 8 months pregnant is in one of those driving wheelchair things. What lucky boys you have!

Heather said...

Melissa - You're the coolest mom and I tell you you don't even look pregnant except for the stomach!
I can't believe that you didn't induce labor! Soon... very soon!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you failed at this one--the party wouldn't have been the same without you (especially without Carter and his Incredible Hulk tongue). I'm just glad that Jacob finally got out of all those classes and got on some rides. Thanks for coming!

Kim W said...

I love that you do these sorts of things! What a great life you are giving your kids. Of course, the daughter inside you was probably taking notes, "what not to do to a baby when you're 8 months prego". Ha! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Brigitta said...

That makes me tired, just thinking of walking around Disneyland 8 months prego with 3 boys. But I know all about cousin time and I have done many a crazy things so that my kids could have cousin time. They love cousins and those are the memories we try to make for them, right? Good luck with your last month of pregnancy. My baby turns 1 in April and I can't believe how the time flies....so enjoy

ferntyler said...

You aren't crazy - you are just willing to do whatever it takes to help your kids have fun! You didn't even complain about having to wear jeans, socks and shoes in the blazing heat.. you are awesome.

Sunshine said...

Love that you love D-land enough to brave the heat at 8 months pregnant. I'm late catching up on your blog - just read your tribute to your dad. I'm crying. It was truely touching. And I think he does know you as a mom, Melissa. And he thinks you are great at it!! I sure do!

Unknown said...

it looks like you had so much fun! i can't wait to see your baby! she is going to be beautiful! i bet your boys are so excited! when is your due date?

Brandy said...

How I miss Disneyland!! I think when my girls are older I will make many trips with them. For now when your husband thinks Disneyland is " The most miserable place on earth" It's hard to go...LOL
By the way I just read the post about your Dad( I'm a little behind in my blogging) Anyway it was very touching he sounded really wonderful,and thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

You amaze me! I totally forget how far along you are because you are such a trooper. My kids are green with envy :D

The Family Rasheed said...

I agree it sounds like it was worth it!!!!