Monday, March 9, 2009

Jacob's Baptism

Jacob has been so excited to get baptized, and this day turned out to be everything he had hoped for. Papa and Grandma came from Utah, the Paulson's drove down from Newbury Park, and many friends came to be a part of this special day. Nana couldn't work out her temple schedule to be here, which killed her, but we understand. When it was Jacob's turn to get baptized he literally jumped out of his seat he was so excited. Dad babptized him and then Papa Wimmer confirmed him. He and Papa have always had a very special relationship, so it was very nice that he was able to confirm him. I can't help but think that my dad and Brett's mom are allowed a peak down on imporant days like this. I believe it, and no one can tell me otherwise.







Carter had a really hard time at the baptism. He started crying right before because he wanted to get baptized. He has such a hard time being the younger brother! I kept assuring him he was the next one in the family, but it didn't seem to help lessen the pain.

Sam was his typical self during the baptism. It's hard enough making it through a church meeting with him, but being in the chapel while nothing is going on is particularly rough for him. He kept running up to the pulpit trying to talk in the microphone. Gotta love this kid!


It was great having our Paulson cousins with us for Jacob's baptism. I just love the relationship Emily and Jacob have, there is something so sweet about a girl and boy cousin who love eachother so much.





Papa and Grandma were able to be with us for a few days before the baptism too. They got to attend baseball games, plant flowers in our yard, go on a field trip with Jacob, and do a rock presentation in Jacob's class. I think they will need a vacation after this one, but it was nice for us to have them here.

11 comments:

tawnya said...

Ah, congrats! I can't believe he's 8!

Kim W said...

Hooray for him! What a special family time!

Heather said...

What a great post! I love seeing all of the pictures! It was so sweet too to hear that Carted wanted to get baptized like his big brother! Your family is so cute!

Laura said...

Jacob was so excited, it made me want to cry! You have so many family and friends who love you guys, it so fun to get everyone together. We love your family!

Ashley said...

Oh, I wish you would have called me so we could be there. Congratulations Jacob. I agree with you, I think important people on the other side get to be there for important events.

Jen said...

I have to admit that during Jacob's confirmation the thought that your Dad and Brett's Mom were peaking in crossed my mind. It was good for Bryce to see the process of being baptized. It is amazing to me that they are turning 8 this year. It seems like yesterday that we were sitting in the mother's room taking care of them. Thanks for a great dinner. You guys are amazing (especially you Melissa...pregnant with hurting legs and barely leaving the kitchen all evening!) Congrats Jacob!!

The Family Rasheed said...

What,Jacob is eight already???? Where does the time go? He looks so sweet in his white baptisimal jumper! It is so nice that some of your family was able to be there! I know your dad and Brett's mom were there supporting you guys!!! Congrats, Jacob!!!

On having four kids...it has been difficult finding time to get things done because Ayron is a bit collicky. He does not seem to be soothed by either the swing or the bouncy seat. The one good thing is that I have plenty of willing arms to hold him!

Maree said...

Congratulations Jacob!!! I wish we could have celebrated with you. It's nice that you had so many friends and family there--and I agree--your angel family members ABSOLUTELY WERE there!

diane said...

It's great to be 8! Sorry we missed it. What a beautiful day. Sweet Carter. Jordy always longed to do whatever Evan did. Lucky for you and I, our oldest boys make good choices.
Jacob is a wonderful boy.

Stephanie said...

Wow-you are way too popular of a blogger. I don't know if I should leave a comment and boost your # of comments in to the double digits! JK, of course. Thanks again for such a great time. I am so glas we could be there and that our kids could make more memories together. Love you all!

Laurie said...

I miss you guys! Eric and I kept contemplating just getting in the car and driving down for it. I'm sad that we don't get to be there for things like this.
By the way, it's been really fun playing phone tag for the last couple of weeks. CALL ME!!!