Friday, March 6, 2009

Baseball and Birthdays


The season has started and so far so good for everyone. Jacob was reluctant to play baseball this year, but Brett wanted him to have one "real" year of baseball. He has played three seasons of T-ball, which apparently isn't "real" baseball. So, we told him he has to play this year, and then next year he gets to decide if he continues on. So far he is loving it, so good call by Dad. Once again, despite Brett's efforts, neither boy is on the Red Sox. One of these years Brett.








From February 4-March 1 we are filled with birthdays. Jacob, Brett and Sam all have their birthdays during this time. Jacob chose a crazy sleep over this year. They stayed up until 1:30 am and were awake again by 5:00. Why do we do it? Because my parents did it for me. It was the best birthday party he ever had, and he wants the exact same party next year. Oh boy.


Sam's birthday. His two favorite presents were his talking Lighning Mcqeen and the reversable Superman/Batman cape Sunshine made him. The only hard part is deciding weather or not you are in a Superman or Batman mood. I have never had a boy into wearing a cape before so I am loving it. I think it is the cutest thing ever, even when he wore it to Target the other day.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your boys are so darn cute. The baseball pictures are so great!
By the way, James was at Jacob's party, right? :)

ferntyler said...

Lauren was standing behind me when I was looking at this and got all pumped up about Sam's party again, at least you can take the rest of the year easy on bdays - oh yeah, except for one big birthday for the new baby..

The Family Rasheed said...

That is a lot of birthdays in such a short time. You are one good mommy doing a late night sleep over. There is no way I could have been up at 5 with those boys after staying up past 1. I LOVE the cape!!!!! I will have to get the pattern from Sunshine so I can make one for Jr.

The Family Rasheed said...

Oh, I forgot about baseball. I have to agree with Brett "real" baseball does not include t-ball. "Real" baseball is much funner! I am glad to see that Jacob loves it! Your boys look too cute in their uniforms and it makes me excited for my boys to be in sports!