Sunday, March 22, 2009

Papa and Jacob


Jacob and Brett's dad, Papa, have always had a very special relationship. One thing they share is their love for rocks. This year the second grade studied rocks, and Papa and Grandma were able to go on Jacob's field trip with him and do a rock presentation for his class. Papa was a geology major, but then switched to Economics. He may not have pursued a career in geology, but it is still his passion. We were so glad he could do this for Jacob.

(I just got these pictures back from Jacob's teacher, I of course forgot my camera. The field trip and presentation actually took place the week of Jacob's baptism.)



i

3 comments:

diane said...

Papa rocks!

Do your boys love geodes as much as mine did? We used to have them all over the house. I think it is funny to buy rocks. I mean we have a yard full.

Kimberly said...

Melissa, it was so fun to see Jacob's baptism pictures! Tara and Carter are almost even with tooth loses. Tara still does not have a top tooth loose! It is snowing like crazy this Monday morning! How do you feel? Tom and the girls visited Christie and the baby and they both look great! Sooooo excited for you little "muffin". I bought thin mints and I'm not even pregnant, they are so good! Love you all, Kim

The Family Rasheed said...

That is really cool! I wich my grandparents would have come to my school when I was a kid!