Monday, March 16, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Time!!


Yes, I am one of those pathetic pregnant women who gains 50 pounds during pregnancy. I do it every time, and with a year and a lot of work I take it off. I am sure I could keep the weight down a bit, but what would be the fun in that? I love being pregnant during all the important food seasons; Thanksgiving, Christmas, girl trip, Easter, and of course girl scout cookie time. Besides the disappointment of them not selling All Abouts this year, it has been a good girl scout cookie March. I remember selling the cookies as a little girl, I never went door to door around the neighborhood, just door to door around my house. Each of my siblings chose a box or two, my parents did the same, I collected a check from my mom, and I was finished. I'm not much of a sales girl, but I do love these cookies!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I am right there with you on those darn cookies - the Thin Mints seriously kill me - especially if you put them in the freezer for a while! But... totally live it up while you are preggers - The best time to eat girl scout cookies!
Did you see my blogroll with your name on it?:0)

The Family Rasheed said...

I just realized the other day at Walmart that it was GS cookie time! Then I kicked myself for giving up deserts at this time of year!!! You'll have to eat a whole box of samoas and thin mints just for me, please!!! Try freezing the thin mints and eating them straight from the freezer, yummy!!!

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

Oh thin mints...I've never had or heard of All Abouts what are those?

diane said...

Can you believe I have not had one GS cookie this year. My neighborhood is growing up. How sad.

Sunshine said...

Stinkin' Girl Scouts. Why can't I just say NO?!!

Jana said...

I am jealous!! Nobody came around to our home to sale the cookies and they sound soooooo good to me! I am hoping one of these days I see a troop of girl scouts in front of Wal-mart with cookies to sale but I am afraid it is too late. Oh well! At least I have cadbury mini eggs to tide me over!!

Ashley said...

Amen! I love those tagalongs. We can consume an entire box in one day. My friend's little girl (ie, her grandparents and all of their coworkers) have sold 800 freaking boxes this year-probably to preggos like you! Just kidding...kind of. So I have my own personal girl scout cookie saleswoman. It is fabulous.

Kimberly said...

Hi Melissa! Jordan helped me make a blog - it's tomandkimlee.blogspot.com