Monday, October 20, 2008

Bad Seed

If any of you think a kid can't be a bad seed, you obviously haven't met Sam Wimmer. I should have known I was in for trouble when he cracked my rib during pregnancy. This kid is always up to trouble, it's amazing. All my boys came from the same genes, have been raised the same, and loved the same. So why is it that Sam is such a trouble maker? I was enjoying a rare quiet moment downstairs while Sam was quietly playing with his friend Jack upstairs, or so I thought. I decided to take the opportunity to clean my kitchen, forgetting for a minute that with Sam quiet=disaster. By the time I went upstairs I found Sam and Jack, hands full of markers, busily coloring the bunk beds. I screamed, these were not washable markers, and started looking around. I soon realized they had colored the entire computer screen and keyboard, the upstairs banister, the entire bunk bed, two dressers (including my new one), and the train table. I know Jack was a fairly innocent partner in crime, I am sure he was just following Sam.

Look at his face, does he look sorry? No! When I was telling him he was never allowed to use markers for the rest of his life, he just looked at Jack, laughed and said, " I in trouble Jackie!" That kid. We always say, it's a good thing he's so cute.

After cleaning up the best I could, I found the two little trouble makers reading together. They go do something sweet like this, making it impossible for me to stay mad.
As long as I am giving grievances about Sam, he is also the worlds biggest complainer. Brett and I always say if there was a complaining contest, Sam would win! I am always doing something wrong, putting the wrong clothes on him, giving him the wrong color cereal bowl, not giving him the correct treat, not putting his covers on correctly, putting away a toy that he suddenly wants...the list goes on and on. So if anyone knows of a contest, let me know, Sam could win some money.

Better go, he just found the paper plates and has decided to throw them all over the place........

13 comments:

Kim W said...

If it helps any, I found some expensive, but effective ink remover called "Ink-Out". It came in handy when a sharpie found it's way to scribbling on the new counter tops! Augh! I feel your pain. Let me know if you want to borrow it! You're right, he is a cutie!!! Aren't you looking forward to what the next one brings?!

Ashley said...

Oh, I love that little hellian. Honestly, thank you for letting me spend time with him and get to know what my own son would soon be like last February...I am so sorry about all the destruction. But I am so glad that you are so honest about how incredibly frustrating he is because I know from firsthand experience that despite all of that, he is impossible not to adore. What a cool kid. I am temporarily hoping you get a girl...

Sunshine said...

Melissa! Why didn't you tell me?!!! I am so sorry. I'm sure Jack taught Sam...remember who Jack's father is...J is always causing trouble! I'll help clean it up. Better yet we'll make Justin clean it up.

Jen said...

It sounds like you had a great Monday morning...hee hee. That Sam!!! Like you have said before there is definitely a reason Heavenly Father made him so cute.

Jana said...

Sam sounds just like my Griffin. In the 15 months we have lived in our house Griff has done sooooo much damage. It makes me crazy. Hang in there! I have heard that hard toddlers are wonderful teenagers although I am not holding my breath! :)

Maree said...

I also have some stuff that you can borrow--some doorbell salesman stuff that actually works! Goo Gone works too. GOOD LUCK!

Yes, if our hellions weren't so cute, we may have done them in already--glad to know I'm not the ONLY one who suffers from a demon kid--one that I love VERY much!

Hang in there! Pretty soon, he'll do something new, and the markers will be but a dull memory.

Tina said...

Man, he sure keeps you on your toes! It's a good thing he's cute!

ferntyler said...

I LOVE that cheeseball grin! Lauren has been in destructor mode lately - its amazing how quickly the "boy, they sure are playing well together" turns into "what were you guys thinking?"

diane said...

Tom told me about this post. I know we shouldn't laugh, but he is so darn cute! Tagging at such a young age. If it makes you feel better, Evan vandalized our neighbor's house when he was 4. He turned out ok. I was worried he'd become a gangsta.

The Family Rasheed said...

I so feel your pain. Jr is the same way. In fact I have resorted to throwing out all markers, crayons, and writing sticks of any kind. My older children have really complained about this, but I just can't deal with the coloring all over things that Jr does.

Laura said...

seriously, it's good you are recording this stuff. you can totally use it on him when he has a little boy. Just don't show the future wife until the deal is sealed....:)

Laurie said...

OH MAN! I've said it before and I'll say it again - It's a good thing that kid is so dang cute!

Harper Family said...

That is so hilarious(after the fact)!! What can I say--kids are fun.