Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let the Games Begin!




With three boys, I knew the day would come when we would have conflicting games and Brett and I would have to split up. Well today it began. Carter's soccer season started today at 11:30, and Jacob had football at 12:00. I was sad to miss Jacob's game, but I know this is only the beginning for us. Carter prayed last night that he would score at least one goal in every game. I tried to tell him it doesn't really matter if he scores a goal, it's all about playing your best and working as a team...blah, blah blah....but prayers are answered and he scored a goal. Way to go Carter! Brett said Jacob's game was one of the best yet. He got the game ball for most valuable player (so sad I missed that!) Brett has labeled this day as a good day for the Wimmers!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

That's exciting for both of your boys! I love Carter's prayer! The other night I prayed that Hailey would sleep in and she did! Prayer works!

diane said...

What a great day. Carter has faith.

Laura said...

Great game day! I see it was a little hot at your games too! So is Carter on the aggressive or the strategic(some people call it passive) team?

Sunshine said...

When Sam starts playing in conflicting games, I will be his cheerleader. I don't know if you have heard, but he does like me!

Tina said...

great memories for you guys! it's hard when the games are overlapping!

ferntyler said...

sounds like fun, althoug if they are going to overlap, it might be a little cooler at 9 and 9:30 am? the kids look like they were having fun even if it was a little hot!