Wednesday, May 27, 2009

St. George



We took a weekend trip to St. George with the Wimmer family last weekend. It was fun to be together with everyone and for Natalie to get to meet her Wimmer side of the family. I love St. George so much, I love that my kids get to go rock climbing and hiking in Snow Canyon, things I never did as a kid. When I went to St. George growing up it was all about the pool, the kids do love to swim, but they get a lot more out of St. George than just the pool.

Most of all, I love watching my kids interact with their cousins, uncles and aunts, and grandparents. It was a fabulous trip for us all!


Jacob climbing






Carter climbing






Papa and Natalie


Thank goodness I brought my Nanny along. Everytime Natalie made a peep Laurie would pick her up, it made the trip a lot easier on me. Not only was she my Nanny, but also my partner for shopping, watching movies, Diet Coke runs (beetles and all), scouting out new frozen yogurt stores, good chats etc...I am so glad this chick is in my family, she makes it all more fun! When we first got there she announced she had brought some adult movies for us to watch, of course meaning non-kid movies, but we all got a laugh out of thinking she brought "Adult Movies."

It was a fun filled trip for us all!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun. I am so glad you did that. It looks like the boys had a blast-you guys don't do amateur entertainment, that's for sure. Just think of how many nannies you will have at the ranch...

diane said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. I love the picture of Natalie with her Papa. I bet he loves that little girl. I'm sure she will have everyone wrapped around her little finger.

Laura said...

How fun!! Makes me homesick for the George....
Natalie is growing!!! I need to see her.

ferntyler said...

That is so smart to bring your Nanny with you - and to have one for that price with the built in dt. coke/yogurt joys as well - jackpot! glad you had fun :)

Heather said...

Melissa - Looks like you had so much fun - and how lucky to have the built-in Nanny and adult movies! :0)

Brigitta said...

Your boys are so cute rock climbing...looks like fun.
Here's a question for Brett..I am wondering if he is still a die hard Celtics fans even though you live in CA. I am hoping he has left the dark side and come to see the light. My boys have been brainwashed by their father to only like the Lakers. Anyway he probably is still a Celtics fan and if so you might what to ask him where are they? I don't see them in the playoffs!!! ha ha

Unknown said...

Melissa that looks so fun! I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks! :)

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

I think I just deleted my comment, oops...
Anyway, I never quite get over how beautiful all of that rock is - and to be able to climb it - very cool!
It is always so fun to be able to be with family, especially when you don't get to see them very often:) You know I would have been in line for "Nanny relief", but it looks like I would have had to put up a fight. Papa looks like a kid in a candy store holding her - Love it!!

lericksen said...

I absolutely love the "adult movies" comment. Your family is beautiful.

Laurie said...

I cannot believe you put that picture of me on there! When did I get so ugly? And of course I brought adult movies....remember when I shook my tail feathers at your baby shower? I'm still scared to run into your friends after that little incident.
Love you, miss you!