Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Paulsons and Nana

Stephanie, Emily and Sydney drove down the weekend before last to see Natalie. I am so grateful to have them close enough for a quick trip. They got to overlap with my mom for a few hours and we were able to have Sunday dinner together. It was a short but sweet visit!


I am lucky to have a sister with talents I don't have. She made these cute letters for Natalie's room. Thank you Steph!





The hardest part for me about having a baby is the day my mom leaves. I thought it was difficult when she left after Jacob was born, but it only seems to get harder with each child. Now not only am I crying on the way home from dropping her off at the airport, but all my kids are crying too. They all want to know why Nana had to go home, we all wish she could stay. Three days later Sam is still asking me every five minutes why Nana had to leave. Brett thinks she is the most helpful mother in law in the world, I agree. He says he wishes she could stay for a month, I wish it too. She did my laundry, bathed my baby, took me shopping, ordered take out (that's how my mom cooks best), talked and talked with me, took my kids to and from school, told bedtime stories, got my kids ready, let me sleep in. She played baseball with Carter, Blokus with Jacob and did puzzles with Sam. She got home at 8:00 Monday night and had to be at the temple by 4:00 the next morning. I wish she were still here, I wish she never had to go home, I miss my mom!
















My niece Ashley came to see us this past Sunday. It was nice to have them down to spend a few hours and have Sunday dinner. I forgot to ever get my camera out for a picture, luckily they are coming back this weekend. Thanks for coming down Ash, Adam and Eli- I love having you guys close enough to get together from time to time!




















11 comments:

Tina said...

What a wonderful Mom and such cute letters you sister made!

diane said...

Your Mom is so cute. I need to get strong so I can be a helpful Grandma like her. I am glad she was there to spoil you and the kids.

Your sister is talented. What a great support system you have.

Hang in there friend. It is always hard for me when family leaves too.

ferntyler said...

I used to think it was so weird when my mom would cry as we drove away from her sister's house in Nebraska - now when I cry when they or I leave, I totally understand - your mom is awesome, i love the picture of her in bed with the kids and Natalie's room is so cute!

The Family Rasheed said...

Those letters are SOOO cute!!! I am glad you have such an awesome mom!!!!

Heather said...

Melissa - Hey cute girl - you look like you are doing well - considering losing your cute mom! I totally remember having those same exact feelings!

How cute and crafty is your sister! Those letters turned out so cute with the bedding in Natalie's room!

I want to hold your little Natalie! Are you up for visitors? I still owe you a meal!

Kim W said...

Melissa, that baby room is soooo cute. The colors and the letters! Too fun! Perfect for little Natalie!

Unknown said...

Melissa :) I bet that is so hard to have Nana go! It's always sad to have family leave when you aren't going to see them for awhile, and I'm sure you're worn out. My mom said it was the hardest for her going from three kids to four. You are just the cutest mom though, and I'm sure you are doing great. Love you lots - see you in about a month and a half!

Ashley said...

Those letters are like super dee duper stinkin cute!! Seriously. And the pleasure was all ours. Thank you for sharing Nana and Natalie for a little bit with us.

Valerie said...

I still cry when my mom leaves, but it is always especially hard after a new baby. I am glad she had quality time with each of your kids. What a wonderful Mom and Nana!!

Brandy said...

It's great you have a wonderful Mom, and at least the visits are always special and memorable when they happen.

Stephanie said...

O.K., I know this is not all about me, but WHY would you post such a hideous picture of me (in front of the crib). I look like a freaking cow. See if I ever make you letters again.

But, since it's not about me, cute post! (if you can overlook that picture).