Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life with Four Kids

So this is what I have resorted to. Jacob had baseball from 4:30-7:00 and Scouts from 6:45-8:00, I know the time doesn't quite work out. We were at the baseball park from 4-7 where Sam completely ripped up his toe, maybe the kid should wear shoes? We had to race to Scouts to make the last half and Brett is in Anaheim watching the Red Sox. So, a delicious chicken dinosaur dinner with apples and peanut butter served in the bath while Natalie is attached to me in the Baby Bjorn so she doesn't scream her head off was my solution. It was a fabulous idea if I do say so myself, everyone is happy and we might even get to bed at a decent hour.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Like I always say - 4 is the new 8!
You're doing it right!

Brenna LaPray said...

You seem to be doing very well multi-tasking. She is such a doll and doesn't seem to be lacking attention. BTW I'm loving the nail polish on her little toes...to cute!

Kim W said...

Way to think outside the box! You are so good at creating memories for those kiddos.

diane said...

What a great game plan. If you ever need a distraction I have an aligator they can play with.

tawnya said...

Oh, that's hilarious!

Ashley said...

Oh poor Sam. The child is just absolutely hell bent on learning every single one of life's lessons the hard way.

Brigitta said...

I am laughing so hard, because I have done that before, dinner in the bath tub. Does it get better then that? So efficient.

Laura said...

I'm laughing just remembering Brett at a game yelling to you from the field that Sam didn't have shoes on. Shoes are so over rated! My boys loathe them too, and once one is shoeless, it's all over, right? Check out James' big toe next time you see him. It's all screwed up too. Just go have him soak in a tub, oh, you did that too... :)

The Family Rasheed said...

When you have four you do what you can!! You are one smart momma!

Valerie said...

Sometimes those kind of nights end up being a treat! Did I just say that? What I meant was you have to be creative, and it can be fun (for the kids). I mean dinner in the bath, come on, that sounds like heaven to me.

Jana said...

Whatever works is what you have to do!!

ferntyler said...

you're not supposed to already have 4 mastered at a couple weeks out! I'm impressed you still went to everything AND got the kids a bath and dinner - I think that is what the ledge in the bathtub is for, right?