Monday, June 2, 2008

Mount Laguna

We love camping at Mount Laguna, or as Jacob used to call it Mountain Galluna. We missed our fair weather campers, not to mention any names, (Birds, Parmleys and Mendenhalls), but the Wimmers and Tylers had a blast! It's amazing how much the kids get out of a night of getting dirty, climbing rocks, shooting the girls with nerf guns, cooking their own dinner, making (not eating) s'mores, and sleeping in a tent. It's a lot of work, but the payoff is totally worth it. Camping is something I never did growing up, and it's something I totally want my kids to grow up doing. Brett's family camped a lot, and I think it's such a great thing to do as a family(and with friends!)


Sam watched closely as Brett and I set up our tent, referring to it as Daddy's boat. When I put the port a crib inside he looked at me and informed me that he would NOT be sleepiong in there. "I not sweeping in ere," he kept telling me. I guess he doesn't remember the last time we camped, it was almost a year ago. We knew we were in for a rough night with Sam. He did fine once we put him in our sleeping bag, and I think he actually liked sleeping in Daddy's "boat".Hiking to the meadow and playing on the rocks is a big hit at Mount Laguna!

6 comments:

The Family Rasheed said...

I also LOVE camping! IT is so much fun for the kids. Also, what is the deal with cooking the smores and not eating them? My kids do the same thing!

ferntyler said...

You can't prove that I ate all the smores the kids wouldn't eat (but it's true), even with the cheesy graham crackers. You guys are great adventure companions!

diane said...

I still can't get over the tent part. The rest looks like fun! I could sleep in a boat if it was a ship.

Jen said...

I love that you guys do this annually. What a great thing for your boys to look back on. Good memories...good friends...smores seriously good times!!!

Sunshine said...

I am sorry I missed it! Thank you for taking your 4th son with you...you are awesome!

Laurie said...

Did Terry go camping too? It looks like you guys had a great time. We're wussy campers. We either camp in a tent in the basement or, if we're feeling adventurous, in Pat & Larry's backyard.