Monday, June 23, 2008

The Brooks Visit Us!


This is what happens when you leave Alexa and Sam alone together!

Riding bikes was a favorite activity for the three boys all week
The boys made cupcakes (with our help,) Christie is a nicer mom than me and lets the kids crack the eggs. I don't think I'll ever be able to make anything again without my boys wanting to crack the eggs. Thanks a lot Christie!

We had such a great visit with Christie, Isaac and Alexa. Isaac is the perfect age distance between Jacob and Carter so they make a great threesome. Aside from a little bit of Jacob worship they all get along pretty well. It works out ok because if Jacob wants to do something, they all think it's a great idea! We hit the Zoo, the beach, the pool, the creek, the pet store; the fun for the kids never ended. Christie and I also managed to have fun ourselves going to Golden Spoon every night and even taking a day to go shopping and out to the Cheesecake Factory. We actually got to go to the Cheesecake Factory twice because the first night she got in we got a babysitter and Brett, Christie and I all went out. It was just like old times. When Brett and I were dating Christie was always our very welcome third wheel. Once we were engaged we thought it was a good idea to always have her around, and she hung out at our condo all the time when we were first married. We love you Christie! It was just more fun having someone around all the time to talk to, take the kids places with, do laundry together, make dinner together etc.... I will go through withdrawal all week!

8 comments:

Laura said...

A good time had by all again! YOu girls have such an awesome thing going on. Your kids are so lucky to have such fun with their cousins. I hope we get to start seeing you again now!

The Family Rasheed said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Sunshine said...

Nothing better than a sister!

ferntyler said...

That picture of Sam and Alexa is awesome - oreos and marshmallows is what cousin time is all about! I love that you have such strong traditions with your sisters (I knew if I needed you I just needed to hang out at golden spoon for a while :))

Maree said...

You always sound like you're having good times. It was fun to watch you all at Church. I'm sure the kids will have fond memories of cracking the eggs--teach 'em to cook young!

Jen said...

I think cousin relationships are so fun. I am envious of the great friendships you have with your sisters. How fun!!

Laurie said...

How fun! I haven't seen Christie in ages. I'm so excited to see you in two weeks. It will be a very fun Halloween party.
BTW - I put a picture on my blog just for you. Check out the post about my st. george trip. I'm very funny.

diane said...

I love the twinkle in Sam's eyes!