Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter













Everything was going great with Easter until it was time to take a family picture. Suddenly Carter was mad because the sun was too bright, Sam was running away from us (as always), and our neighbors cat wouldn't leave us alone. All I wanted for Easter was one picture with my family in our Easter clothes-is that so much to ask? I don't think so.
The kids had fun as always coloring eggs and hunting for the ones the bunny hid. I don't know how many more years Jacob will believe in the Easter Bunny, but I am savoring every moment. They are so serious about it as they leave carrots and lettuce for him, write him a note of thanks and Easter wishes, and go to sleep early as to not disrupt the bunny. I wish I could freeze Jacob and Carter and not let them get any older. Notice I didn't mention I want to freeze Sam? I love the kid but he's killing me! I want him to hurry and be four!
Happy Easter everyone! Next to Christmas this has got to be my favorite holiday. Maybe it's the robin eggs and peanut butter eggs or maybe it's the fact that we celebrate our Savior on these two holidays. Let's go with the latter, it makes me seem like a deeper person!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Your boys look so handsome! Your family picture is great...you look amazing! You know how I feel about Easter candy (I am so going to miss it for the next year)!

Alicia said...

I love that Sam is always totally cheezing it for the camera. He's such a cutie. I love your boys. Jacob is the best little singer in Primary and is always paying such good attention. They looked to cute on Sunday too. I like your family picture. Very cute. :)

ferntyler said...

I love your tradition with the carrots and lettuce, that is so cute! I swear the kids can tell when you really want a good picture - they pulled through for you, though.

Ashley said...

I love the candy. I don't care if it makes me shallow. And I love Carter. And Sam. And of course Jacob. And even Lola.

Maren said...

So when do your kids get to the point that you want them to freeze? I bet it is when they start sports right? They are awfully cute! By the way, I don't know if you ever read our blog, but if you want to send me your email and I will add you to the list since Cam threw a fit and I went private! maren_reese@yahoo.com

Christin said...

I only have one kid and he's only semi-mobile and I still didn't manage to get a picture in his Easter duds. What kind of a mother does that make me? Don't feel bad. Your pictures look great-lots of personality.

Sunshine said...

I love Carter's face in your family picture...it sure captures the moment! You always take a great family photo!

Laurie said...

Uh... have we given up on blogging or all you all dead?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.