Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Back!

I know it's been a while, and I don't have any pictures to post because I forgot my camera over spring break. I considered giving up blogging all together for various reasons; it takes a lot of time, it's a little superfluous to my scrap booking, I don't know if I want random people looking in on my life etc...But my friend Michelle told me she found a way to save my blog to my desktop so I'll have it forever, so I figured it was worth continuing. I want my blog to have as a journal of sort and now I see it can be that. Hooray!
We had a great spring break in Vegas with my sister Wendy and her kids and then at Disneyland with my sister Stephanie and her kids. The kids ran wild, played hard, stayed up late and enjoyed every moment of their week off school. I enjoyed myself as well and it made me excited for summer. I discovered Red Mango while in Vegas and my sister and I went everyday. We managed to make it to Golden Spoon or Red Mango at least once a day (yes there were days when we went more than once). For those of you who haven't tried Red Mango it's a delicious tart frozen yogurt with many topping choices. My favorite was granola, coconut, strawberry, almond. But be ware, I spent $18 one afternoon on yogurt for my sister and me. Ouch! Grantid we got larges with four toppings, but still! Lucky for me my sister has kids of babysitting age so we were able to take some time to go to the mall, out to lunch etc... It was a great trip! Disneyland was as fun as ever too. Thanks for the fun week everyone!
Last night for family home evening we went to the park and played baseball. It was seriously SO MUCH FUN! I wish I had brought my camera. Brett is coaching Jacob and Carter in T-ball this season, it is so great to have them on the same team. I told Brett last night that is exactly why I want one more boy, we were having the best time playing with the boys. We do boys, we have fun with boys, what would I do with a girl? He thinks it would be great to have a girl, either way is great, but I am totally set on a fourth boy. (Just so everyone knows, this is not an announcement, I just know we are going to have a fourth, I am not pregnant or anything.) I know I'll be perfectly happy if we were to have a girl, but I am glad that I know I would be thrilled to have another boy too. Growing up I never would have thought I would become a boy mom, but that's what I am a total boy mom!
I'll get more pictures soon, hopefully I'll remember my camera for our baseball game on Saturday. I love the boys in their uniforms!

12 comments:

ferntyler said...

Hope I didn't pressure you! I do like the journalling (although if you are still scrapbooking, too, that is AWESOME!) You are the perfect mom of boys - they will expect their wives to be awesome and girly just like you, but you support them in their boy activities, too :)

The Family Rasheed said...

I am glad you didn't give up! I love reading your blog. I have to echoo Michelle's comments. You are an awesome mom, but also an awesome boy mom.

Ashley said...

I am terrified of having a girl. Maybe if she would ride a motorcycle and not care if I didn't put a bow in her hair...even still though, scary.

diane said...

The world needs good moms like you to raise the dads of the future. Besides they are way easier as teenagers! Glad you're back. I like your blog!

Jen said...

I am glad you aren't giving up on blogging just yet. I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your cute family. You are the perfect boy mom! And you will never lack for attention. Boys ALWAYS love and protect their mom's.

Alicia said...

I agree that you're a great boy mom. Although girls can be really fun too...

tawnya said...

I know I'm biased, but I love being a boy mom!

Naomi said...

We LOVE the boys here, too. Especially during baseball season! Having said that, Liv is the JOY of my life! You'll be awesome with whatever you end up with. . . Looks like you guys had a great Spring Break!

I hear you about the new tart yogurt thing. I discovered Pinkberry here a couple of weeks ago and cannot stop thinking about it. My fav is yogurt with mango, pineapple, and kiwi. YUM. And only 70 cals per serving. Can't beat that!! Have you been??

Laura said...

So glad you're back, I never stopped checking on you! Is there a Red Mango in Provo?

Sunshine said...

One more thing about all boys...their weddings will be A LOT cheaper! ;->
I have to try this new tart yogurt. Did you say Golden Spoon has it?

Laurie said...

Yea, Sunshine the wedding bells might be cheaper but just think about missions! Sheesh!
I'm glad to see you post Liss! We miss you and we're very excited that we finally get to bunk with you guys on the St. George trip. It's going to be fun!

Sunshine said...

Glad you're back. It's nice to know what you are up to. I never see you anymore...okay so I haven't seen you for a couple hours! Still I'm glad you put up a new post.