Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brett and Melissa

Some Things You Have Been Dying to Know About Us


How long have you been together? We went on our first date September 23, 1994, my first month at BYU, just three months after I graduated from High School. I know, classic Mormon love story!

How long did you date? Six months until we got engaged, then five more until we were married, so almost a year.

How old is he? Brett is 36 (he'll be 37 next month) and I am 32.


Who eats more? Me, Brett is always clearing the dinner table around me.

Who said "I love you" first? Brett did, in my parents basement on the mauve leather couch (yes it was the nineties!) I didn't respond, it's still kind of a joke between us. Don't worry I said it a few weeks later!

Who is taller? Brett

Who sings better? Brett, I actually think he has a great voice, it's just that he will never sing seriously. He always belts out silly songs loud and strong. I have a TERRIBLE voice, so it isn't hard to beat me.


Who is smarter? Brett

Who does the laundry? Me, Brett will help fold if I'm ever doing it at night


Who does the dishes? We do them together

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Brett

Who pays the bills? Me

Who mows the lawn? Brett

Who cooks dinner? Me

Who is more stubborn? Brett

Who kissed who first? Brett kissed me on our second date at his brother Eric's apartment


Who asked who out? We were set up by our best friends Brett and Emily (who dated briefly), thanks guys!

Who proposed? Brett, at Temple Square in Salt Lake after a wonderful dinner and followed by Golden Spoon. Some loves never die, and mine for Brett and Golden Spoon are still going strong!

Who is more sensitive? I've never actually seen Brett cry, there were tears once at a funeral of a good friend. I am hands down the sensitive one!

Who has more friends? Probably me

Who has more siblings? I beat Brett out by two. He has four brothers, I have four sisters and two brothers.


Who wears the pants in the relationship? We share them pretty equally.

I tag: Anyone who reads this!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Fun stuff! I'm glad you shared.

Laura said...

You've never seen Brett cry? Wow! Not even at the birth of your children? I'm shocked. I was guessing he was a total softie deep down. Maybe you're so good to him , he never has reason to dry... :)

Sunshine said...

Isn't it nice to know that Golden Spoon has been there for all the important moments in your life? Good times.

Ashley said...

Where can I get a pair of those pants that you share?

Alicia said...

So fun! I love that you started dating so young. It makes me not feel as alone in that (seeing as how I also have a pretty typical Mormon love story). I'm also amazed that you've never seen him cry! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Naomi said...

Hi! I stumbled on your blog through Cydney's website. . . I saw Diane's link and then tapped into the whole Sabre Springs group. So fun to see what you have been up to!