Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas in Utah


Some people think we are crazy to leave our beautiful San Diego weather and go to Utah for Christmas. True it never got above freezing the whole time we were there, all the kids got eczema, and Sam had a few nights of croup. But we had snow on Christmas eve, many days of perfect sledding, snow man building with Papa, and day and night filled with fun and memories with family. Nothing can compare to the fun the kids had with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Highlights for the kids were being pulled behind Papa's truck in a sled, sledding on the golf course behind Nana's, and playing nonstop with cousins from both sides. My highlights were lunches out with my sisters, late night runs to Nielson's, dinners out with siblings from my side and Brett's, and countless Christmas treats (see any pattern here, I think I have a food addiction, I'll be joining Sunshine at eaters anonymous! I was positively ill by the time I came back home, but it was well worth it.) This picture is of us on Christmas Eve outside my mom's house during one of the many snow storms we had while we were there.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh...what it would be like to have a White Christmas? How is it that your family looks perfect even in a snow storm? Playing with cousins, sledding, eating...it sounds like you guys had a great time. Some serious eating occurred at our house as well. Getting back to running is a definite must!!

Laura said...

Yeah, you're back! I've been missing your updates! It sounds like you had a fabulous time. YOu probably didn't even get a chance to miss Golden Spoon. It's funny, I thought about you during a food pigout session we were having at a yummy ice cream place in Sacramento over the holiday, I thought, Melissa would so totally enjoy herself here! You better look at least a little bloated tomorrow...

lisa said...

fine family fun!!

ferntyler said...

Anyone who thinks you're crazy to go to Utah for Christmas must be crazy! I love all the traditinoal things you do, even if most of them have something to do with food. And Jen is right, you guys all look so great (although have you ever considered coats?)

Sunshine said...

Ah Nielson's...you know I was there with you in spirit. I do not know where you put all that frozen custard!

Alicia said...

So fun! I loved being in Utah with all the snow too. It felt more like Christmas to me. Welcome back!

Laurie said...

My kids were counting down the days till Jacob, Carter and Sam came instead of when Santa came. That says a lot! See you on Monday!