Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What is it about Disneyland?





What is it that is so magical about Disneyland? They call it the happiest place on earth, and I for one am a believer. Maybe it's that we take time off from everything else in life to completely dedicate to our kids and family togetherness. Perhaps it's that I love reliving my favorite childhood memories with my kids, and while I'm there I almost fell like a kid again. Or maybe, it's that while I am riding "It's a Small World" I believe those crazy dancing dolls for fifteen minutes, and I too think that we can all love each other, live in harmony and be happy. Hey, we can all dream, and Disneyland is the place where dreams come true! This trip was made all the better by the addition of our cousins-thanks for coming Eric, Laurie, Cameron, Lukie and Adam. Everything is more fun when you are around. It was fun having their friends with us too. I think my kids liked staying overnight in the hotel almost as much as they liked our two days at Disneyland! It was truly a magical two days!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

I LOVE DISNEYLAND! (we have already taken Hailey there...lets just say it wasn't for Hailey) I think the reason its so magical is the family thing. I just love going and having nothing else to worry about. I actually really love the princesses. I love the way they talk to the little girls. So cute! I'm glad you had fun!

Sunshine said...

I'm so glad you had fun. What wonderful memories you are making with your family!

ferntyler said...

I love how excited the kids get about Disneyland and staying in a hotel.. hey, I still like staying in a hotel every once in a while myself :) Sounds like a great trip and you have cute picture to prove it.

Jen said...

I am glad the weather was great for you guys. I love how Brett stops shaving whenever you guys go on vacation. Too funny. The boys look like they had great fun!!

Laurie said...

It was such a great time!! Thanks for letting us come and crash at your place so often! We sure do love you guys!

Laura said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun! The weather was awesome for you too. My kids dig the hotel thing also. There's something really neat about sleeping some new and being all together in the same room.
Great memories!!

The Commish said...

The trip WAS going well until we get to Melissa's house.
So I'm getting out of the shower right....I go to grab a towel to dry off and low and behold....The only towels she has on the rack are KID TOWELS! I'm not exaggerating at all...I'm totally wet needing to dry off and there's a kid towel I'm supposed to use. I said "NO THANKS" and went out in the backyard and dried off in the sun.
Word of advice to those staying at Melissa's house. Bring your own towels!

The Family Rasheed said...

I miss disneyland! You guys look you are having soo much fun. I miss you guys, too!