Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkin Patch


We couldn't make our annual trip out to Bates Nut Farm this year due to the fires, so we settled for the Scripps Ranch pumpkin patch. Brett and Justin claim the place is run by gypsies out to rip us off because of the prices of the rides, but the kids sure had fun! After spending all our money on rides we decided to save a little and stop by Vons to purchase our pumpkins on the way home instead of buying them at the pumpkin patch. That turned out to be a bad move because Vons was all out of pumpkins. So the next day Sunshine and I were on a pumpkin chase. Albertsons was out of pumpkins too, and Henry's only had little ones which we were sure wouldn't be acceptable for our older kids. Luckily Target had six pumpkins left-hooray Halloween was saved!

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Melissa you are a much better writer than I am! I enjoy reading about all that you are up to with me and my family...it would appear that I can't get enough of myself...just kidding!!!

ferntyler said...

you guys are cracking me up... I loved reading both accounts, my favorite part is that the pumpkin patch is run by gypsies (i wouldn't doubt it).

The Commish said...

More pictures of Melissa in Hawaii? I think Larry has a new favorite outfit...no more black jeans.

I can't believe that guy next to Brett and Jacob fell asleep watching the Red Sox game. Did he wake up for the end?

Ask Jacob and Tyler what kind of pies they like.

Laurie said...

You need to move back to Utah. No shortage of pumpkins 'round these parts.