Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's a Girl????

So we went in for our ultrasound today. We decided it would be fun to let Jacob and Carter come because they are so excited about the baby and have been betting on the sex. Jacob was betting boy, Carter wanted a boy, but thought it was a girl. Our ever so obliging (sarcasm) ultrasound tech is 90% sure that it's a girl. She doesn't see any boy parts and she is pretty sure she sees girl parts. I asked if I could move around to get a better picture, no luck, it was probably almost her lunch time. She had no patience for me. I told her I had to know 100%, I have three boys and if I am going to paint the baby room and buy clothes, I need to know. With Sam they couldn't tell for sure so they had me walk around, and then there it was plain as day. She was not willing to do that.

So, we are thinking girl, but with a little caution. I am going to ask my doctor to double check next week when I go in. I am thrilled about having a girl, but honestly I would have been happy with a boy too. In some ways I am sad to think Sam may be my last little boy, I absolutely love little boys. I must admit, however, when Sunshine gave me two darling dresses, I was pretty excited about a baby girl. I love raising little boys, I could raise all boys, but I do want to have a girl when she's grown. A girl always needs her mom, (but then again so do many boys).

We are all pretty excited. Brett wanted a girl, but now he says he's a little scared, the boys think it's going to be pretty cool to have a baby sister. I won't mention that part of the reason Carter was excited about a girl is because he says there will be another girl to shoot with his Nerf guns, he terrorizes the neighborhood girls by shooting them. We'll try to hold him off until she can fight back. Looks like pink is coming to the Wimmer home, I hope we can handle it.

20 comments:

Kim W said...

So, is a cautious HOORAY okay?! I hope that 90% is right, just for the fun all those weird hormones bring into a household. Ha! Congrats!

Maren said...

What is it we are supposed to say now, "Oh good, you finally got your girl . . . " Congrats, that is exciting!

Laura said...

What fun! I am happy that everything went well and the baby is healthy and female! I remember thinking when I was pregnant with Abby that I just couldn't imagine what a girl baby of mine would look like, I'll bet you'll feel the same. I can't wait to see a baby girl Wimmer too!

Maree said...

I'm really cautiously excited for you. I saw Jacob today and he was waving around the picture. He seemed excited. YIPPEE!

Ashley said...

That is awesome. She will be such a cool, non-prissy little girl. You were right about the opposite of Christie rule, apparently.

diane said...

They were 90% that Brynn was a girl. I didn't dare to believe it and cautiously bought a pink outfit and baby book with assurance that I could return them.

Girls are fun but it's a wild ride.

Heather said...

Oh my, Melissa - Your little 90% girl will be the cutest thing ever once I get my hands on her and she is donning Winnie the pooh and maybe we'll throw in some Strawberry Shortcake as well.

No- seriously- IF it is a girl - I am so happy for you! You will love having a little mini-me to play with!
Yeah - When's the 90% girl baby shower?

Shelly said...

I am soooooo excited for you!!! I agree with Diane that girls are a wild ride!! She is going to be your best friend. Yeah!!!

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

I am so thrilled for you-and I absolutely love your attitude about the sex of your baby! It would not matter boy or girl, that baby would fit right in to your cute little family. Has Brett suggested the name Tina yet?

sherrie said...

Melissa - How are you? Someone sent me your link b/c they knew I'd relate...I have three boys and LOVE them! Everyone thinks I must be dying for a girl but all I know is that I love raising these boys!! I understand being sad at the thought of not having another one...I too have said I don't care about raising a girl but I know I'll want one when I'm old and all my boys have left me for their wifes fam!!! Sad! Well, I haven't seen you in years but I wish you the best and I am glad I got to see how you are doing. Sherrie Wrigley Boxx

tawnya said...

Yay? I'm happy to hear everything is going well, though!

Alicia said...

Yay Yay Yay and boo to that ultrasound tech! I had a mean little lady like her too with Hailey's ultrasound and so I made my doctor check again at 28 weeks because I still didn't believe it. I'm so excited for you guys!

Laurie said...

I can't wait for Sammy #2! Luke and Adam are dead set on you naming her Sammy so I don't want you to disappoint them. I have to admit that all I've been able to think about is what fun presents I get to buy Baby Natalie. I'll have to start shopping ASAP! We are so happy for you guys.
Love you!

The Family Rasheed said...

Melissa you are a wonderful mom and having a girl won't change that! Congratulations! I am excited for you guys!

lisa said...

congrats!! can i call you fatty?

Tina said...

So fun! I am so excited for you guys...can't wait to see a little Wimmer girl! What will you call your blog? ha ha.

Sunshine said...

I can't wait! Now we just need to decide...will she marry Thomas or Jack?

Naomi said...

That is so exciting. Just this morning Ann came by and asked if I had heard what you were having. I had to run in and check your blog to find out! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE having a little girl. Those boys are all just going to be wrapped around her little pinkie!

Congrats!!

Elder Turner said...

congrats guys!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

Kyle said...

Congrats! There is nothing like having a little girl. I'm sure she will have no shortage of big brother protection growing up...and she will definitely have Brett wrapped around her finger from day one.