Monday, December 8, 2008

Bound to happen....



A good black eye is bound to happen in a house with three boys, in fact I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner. We are lucky to not have any broken bones, yet. The boys were jumping on our bed on Saturday morning, hitting each other with pillows and trying to knock each other off. Brett told them this wasn't going to end well, and we left the room. Minutes later we heard a loud scream from Jacob, and sure enough, it didn't end well. Carter's head ended up on Jacob's eye leaving a huge goose egg, and now a pretty bad black eye. Poor Jacob is pretty embarrassed by it, he thinks it looks like he's wearing make up.

8 comments:

Gretchie Love said...

Hi ! I just found your blog through your friend Diane. Anyway, when I was living in Gottingen,Germany as a nanny Bret and his companions would come over and visit me. Tell him Hello !
Gretchen Amy Cronin

Heather said...

First of all your blog looks so cute - I love the picture! Was that taken for Christmas cards? I love how you are hiding behind the boys - I used to pull that trick when I was preggers!
Poor Jacob - I feel so bad for him but honestly I can't believe that their have been no broken bones with all those boys! Lucky you!

Kim W said...

Rainbow eyes are AWESOME! He shouldn't be embarrassed, it's a badge of honor!!!

diane said...

I love the new family picture on the beach.

I've raised two boys to adulthood, is that a word, and the only one who's had broken bones is me. Motherhood is rough.

Jacob looks tough.

Sunshine said...

That is one intense shiner. He looks tough!

ferntyler said...

love the new blog background for christmas and the new picture! poor jacob - I guess its just like how we adults are so worried about the little things that no one else even notices.

Jen said...

He is too cute. I think the shiner just makes him look tough!!

The Family Rasheed said...

I think it gives him great character!