Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!

This year we headed to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving with my sister in her new house. I always feel better when one of my siblings moves after I see their house and new surroundings. I like to be able to picture where they are when I think about them. She has such a great house, neighborhood, and area. We had fun swimming in her pool, going out to dinner, playing with cousins and just being together. I've said it before, I just love the cousin relationships. I grew up going to Mesa every summer to visit my cousins, it was truly the highlight of my year. I looked forward to my two weeks in Arizona every year so much, I love seeing my kids get as excited as I did when I was younger. My sister even took us to drive by my cousins old house and see all the fun places we used to go together. I wonder if my kids will someday do the same......


It was pretty cold in Arizona, but that didn't stop the kids from swimming!




Brett getting some sun while Sam throws rocks in the pool.


Cousin bath time


Huddled around an intense DS game


The cousins together on Thanksgiving morning

My sister is an out to eat Thanksgiving girl. We went up to Payson and ate at The Rim Golf Club. They had a big buffet and the kids thought it was fun picking out their food, they especially liked the Shirley Temples they kept ordering.



They were smart to put our group in a private room, we can be a bit noisy.


Sam liked the free toothbrushes in the bathrooms


Golf cart rides around the neighborhood were fun morning and night! Just remember it's not a good idea to send a two year old on a golf cart with a 13 year old driver!




The Mesa Temple does an unbelievable Christmas lights display. The kids loved seeing the lights, watching the Luke II movie, and seeing the Chirstus.
My parents were married in this temple almost 50 years ago. We loved taking our kids there and telling them about when Nana and Grandpa Rex were married.


We truly had a great week, my sister and her husband are the perfect hosts. Our husbands even decided we needed a sister day on Saturday, so they planned a day with the kids and sent us out to lunch and shopping. I am grateful for my wonderful family this and every Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like another wonderful time together. Can I move in your sister's house? It is like, totally awesome.
Glad you're home safe and full!

Heather said...

I swear your boys can not get any cuter! Can we hook any of them up with my girls?

I love your sisters house that you gave little sneak peeks with your camera!

Wasn't Thanksgiving so fun? now on to the busiest month of the year!

Britten & Chelsea Maughan said...

That was my favorite post you've ever done! It's so fun to see all the families in one post that were missing at our Thanksgiving bash!

The Family Rasheed said...

What a great holiday! I love your sisters bath tub!!!I have to echo your sentaments on cousin relationships; love them!!!

ferntyler said...

seriously, her house is sweet! I love hearing about how you grew up going to see your cousins in Mesa and driving by their house now - your kids are totally going to feel that way - it reminds me that its ok to live in other places if you just make the effort to get the cousins together to play every once in a while (oh yeah, and you get to see your sister, too :))

The Dailey's said...

Such cute Thanksgiving pictures. We need to get together when you are here for Christmas. Let me know when your coming out. Take care!

Alicia said...

So fun! We were in Mesa too on Friday-Sunday. Crazy. It looks like you guys had so much fun! Thanks for the congrats on my blog. We're excited!