Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chicken is 40!!

One of my dearest friends in the world has hit the big 4-0. She looks fabulous, so I say be proud! I met her 7 1/2 years ago and I have been laughing, eating, and partying it up with her ever since. This is a girl to love, she threw an unbelievable party, filled with friends, food, dancing and singing (thanks to Rock Band).

Many years ago Brett gave her the nick name of Chicken. It started as Chicken Parmigiana, but was soon shortened to Chicken. We all call her Chicken, or The Chicken, even our kids. It was quite funny, or maybe a little inappropriate when she was the Primary President and several of the primary kids called her "Sister Chicken." At least they had the respect to add Sister to it.

We all love The Chicken. Brett loves to tease her because she always falls for it. I like to party with her because she makes everything more fun. I love that she is always willing to help me solve all my problems. My kids love to play at her HUGE house. We are all grateful to have Elizabeth in our lives!



Gotta love the candy bar!



Yes, we made her blow out all 40 candles!

Some of the girls-I think the guys are all singing away! (Except Brett who is chatting it up in the back yard.)

8 comments:

Kim W said...

Oh, everything looks so pretty and nice. I'm so sad I missed it! That "candy bar" is a GREAT idea. Soooo Elizabeth!!!

Heather said...

Melissa - Soo cute - I love the pictures you took - they look a lot like mine! Wink wink!

So, I was at your fave store - Wal-mart and I bought your little Fetus a Pooh outfit in each size for the first year - so quit worrying - he/she will be in style!

You know now that I will definitely have to buy you one for real! Just for laughs!

BTW - one of your sisters was in my ward when I first got married up at BYU - she had awesome hair and always sat in front of us!
Which one would it be?

ferntyler said...

great tribute! your new background is crazy cute, too :)

Dana Fallentine said...

Now I know where the chicken name came from!!! I can't believe she's 40!

Christine said...

Melissa,

Thank you for your prayers and sweet messages left on our blog. I think of you often and hope your pregnancy is going well. After reading from your blog I continue to be impressed with you...a wonderful mother and friend!

love, Christine

Heather said...

MELISSA - That is so funny that you were standing by Caitlin - she came home and said "Do you know a really pretty girl that has blond curly hair? She was talking about you and how you won tickets to the movies!" Too much that she was right there!
Did you like it? I still think you should have come with us!:0)

Parmley said...

I heard a rumor you had given the "Chicken" a tribute. That has spurred me on to leave my first comment on your blog. Seriously, that was one of the most sweetest things anyone has ever done for me - a "tribute to a 40 yr old". You are truly one of the best friends I have ever had-thanks for all the laughter and fun. I look forward to the fun ahead.

The Family Rasheed said...

I love her!!! What a great looking group of people! I am sure the party was soo much fun!