Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sam's latest obsession




Each time I have a new baby the next oldest child has displayed some type of interesting behavior. I have never had problems with them trying to harm the baby or act out towards the baby, they have always loved the new baby. I have simply noticed a strange change in behavior not necessarily directed toward the baby. Jacob needed to be held everytime he drank his milk after Carter was born, Carter started pooping his pants after being potty trained for three month once Sam was born. Sam's new obsession has been the most intersting of all, but what else would I expect from Sam. He has his own baby, his baby Lola. He calls her his baby, carries her around everywhere with him, and cuddles and kisses her. When Brett is holding Natalie he says, "oh Daddy you are holding your baby and I am holding my baby." When I was giving Natalie a bath the other day he went and got Lola and gave her a bath too. He told me, "Mommy you gave your baby a bath and I gave my baby a bath." Poor Lola, she is so patient with him when he sqeezes her a little too tight or lies on top of her while snuggling her a little too much. I just hope she makes it through the summer.

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

One of my very favorite Sam quotes..."I just love that little piggy". I just love that little Sammy. What a cute kid.

diane said...

Sam is a tender and nuturing boy. He will make a good dad.

Brenna LaPray said...

Wow Melissa, you make having four kids look very easy. I'm beyond impressed that you took a two month old to Disneyland. What a great mom you are! Natalie is absolutely beautiful in that picture!!

ferntyler said...

that last picture of Sam is perfect! That's so cool that each kid has their own way of dealing with their next youngest new sibling (and that you remember them all!)

Heather said...

Lola is so lucky - Sam is the cutest in that picture holding his baby!

Valerie said...

I love the way Lola's little feet are dangling, what a patient little "baby". I would have loved to watch him bathing her - what a crack up.

The Family Rasheed said...

That is soo sweet!!!

Brandy said...

So funny the first picture I thought it was just a stuffed ginny pig, then as I looked at more I realized it was REAL...I love it!!!

P.S

You have to change your header...not "Three Wimmer boys" any more :-)

Christine said...

What a cute "baby" Lola! You are a good mother to welcome a little critter in the house. Natalie is beautiful! I'm sure she loves all the attention and love from your boys.