Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Shower

I love baby showers, I love getting together with friends, eating good food and seeing all the cute baby presents. I must admit, though I love all the cute things my friends gave me and I am truly grateful, I always feel a little weird when the shower is for me. It's a little uncomfortable being the center of attention, the one opening all the gifts instead of watching. It was well worth it though, boy did I get some cute things. If this baby comes out a boy I am in trouble!

I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends here in San Diego. It was such a scary, "experimental" thing when Brett and I moved away from Utah and all our friends and family. I really didn't know how we would like it. Luckily for us we moved to the most beautiful place in the world with undoubtedly the most wonderful people. We couldn't be any more blessed with the friends we have made here, they are truly our second family. THANK YOU, I couldn't do it without all of you!

My friend Heather pointed out I don't put any pictures of myself on my blog. I have a great reason for that, I HATE the way I look in pictures when I am pregnant. I know I need to stop being so vain. So here you go Heather, taken with your camera, a picture of me greasy faced and all!




She looks so cute in my comfy new boppy!!

5 comments:

diane said...

That was a fun party! It is extra exciting getting girl stuff for you.

You are glowing.

tawnya said...

Yay for fun parties!

Heather said...

Girly - You couldn't be any cuter and your shower was so much fun! I won - right for the best wrapping? I just want Liz to know that! You got such great stuff! Call me if you need help with any of that stuff! Wink wink!

ferntyler said...

I do love seeing pics of you - you are the hottest prego I know (and I do actually know a lot right now :)), not for long, though! I can't wait to see all those cute items in action :)

Brandy said...

Looked like you had a fun shower!! I love the picture of Kristen with the Boppy.