Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Over!

Well, it's officially the end of summer. We tried to make the last week count by going to the beach, bowling, swimming and taking a camping trip. I am sad for tomorrow, I can't deny it. I LOVE summer. I love getting to do fun things with my kids everyday. I love getting to be the nice mom who gets to say yes all the time. Yes, you can stay up late and watch a movie, Yes, we can go to the beach, go swimming, play with friends all day, go to the zoo, take trips etc... There is nothing I love more than getting to see my kids have fun, in fact if you ask them what mom's favorite thing is they will chorus that line, "getting to watch your kids have fun," and in the summer I get to do it everyday. I remember what summer was like as a kid, and now I get to be a part of my kids enjoying their summers. It will be good to get back into a routine, but you know going back to school just means they are getting one year older, and one year closer to leaving me. Carter is still back and forth between marrying Sunny and never getting married so he can stay with me forever. As long as Sunshine ponies up for that big cake at Vons he might go for it! I might have to bribe him a little harder.

Jack and Sam play well,
and they fight well, though I know it's always Sam's fault!










4 comments:

Laura said...

So much fun! I can't believe it's over either. We had lots of good times with you guys this summer. Makes me excited for future get togethers. I love your boys, they are awesome!! Make sure you have the kleenex box handy tomorrow for the first day tears(yours, not theirs...)

Laurie said...

Melissa - you are ALWAYS the fun mom! I can't tell you how many times, when I'm stressed about the kids, I say to myself, "what would Melissa do?" You would for sure let your kids climb up on the countertop and let them 'help' you make rolls for Sunday dinner. I absolutely love that about you.
I love all the pictures. Missing you guys!

Sunshine said...

We had a great summer didn't we? I am willing to buy the cake from Vons...heck, I'll even throw in some cupcakes if it will seal the deal.

ferntyler said...

Your attitude is what makes you the fun mom.. I did a lot of the same things as you and my kids still think I'm mean! You are always so positive and fun, which made this summer a total blast (when you finally got back from all your fun vacations anyway :)