Friday, August 1, 2008

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL????






The Wimmers sure are! It's official, the season has begun. Practice started today and we are stoked! Football has always been my favorite sport to watch. From a young age I attended all the BYU football games, it was always on TV at my house, it was my favorite sport to cheer for in high school, and once I met Brett the deal was sealed; I will be a football fan for life! We were a little worried about Jacob last year, his first season of football, because he is our timid, sweet little boy (unlike our aggressive Carter who we can't wait to get out their next season), but he loved it and did just fine. This season will be even better, he knows what he's doing and most importantly he is SO EXCITED! I still don't know who is more excited, Brett or Jacob. Brett will be the offensive coordinator this year, he is living his dream, I think this is why he wanted kids! I am sure it would be fun to have a girl, but during a good football game as I am screaming on the sidelines I can't imagine a ballet recital being this exciting. I love it! (Laura did this help get you pumped??)

8 comments:

Alicia said...

I love the picture of Brett ready to pop the football because he's intensely coaching and the kids are kind of zoning. I hope you guys have a fun season! :)

Laura said...

Seriously, you guys are the light at the end of my tunnel! I am officially adopting the Wimmer winning spirit. No more complaining!! (btw, I'm going to gain lots of weight if I keep hanging out at Walmart...)

Laura said...

I just was picturing the cutest little Wimmer girl cheerleader by your side...I shouldn't think out loud!

The Family Rasheed said...

Go team Wimmer!!! I love football too and Jacob looks so cute! I can't wait for Jr. to play!!!

Sunshine said...

Polar looks so cute catching that football! I can't wait for you to put your cheerleading uniform on for the games...you are such a great Mom!

ferntyler said...

that looks like so much fun! I love watching kids play their hearts out doing their best! Does Brett get to wear the headset to talk to the owner/team manager/whoever they are always talking to on those things? maybe he could be the offensive coordinator for the soccer team, too?

Ashley said...

Oh yeah, that's what I am talking about. I am so excited for college football season. It is the one sport that I really get into and you know I am all about the boys playing their sports. I really hope that neither of us have to attend any boring ballet recitals.

Jen said...

Seeing him in his cute little uniform makes me question my decision to have my boys wait another year before they play football. I love how willing Brett is to get so involved with the boys teams. I bet you are going to enjoy the season!!