Thursday, July 23, 2009

This post consists of totally random things, I don't even know what to title it, so I'll just leave it at that.
The Paulson's came for a short, but fun visit. I can't say enough how much I love having them live fairly close by. We had a great weekend going to the beach, pool, out to dinner and hanging out.

Sam really does love Natalie. After his nap today he lied down next to her and asked her if she wanted to rub the tag on his kiki. That is true love coming from Sam, only those he loves the most are welcome to rub his tag.


Look what Natalie found! About two and a half weeks ago I went into her room to wake her up and she was sucking away on her thumb. This girl sleeps from about 9:00 at night until I wake her up to feed her at 6:15. then she goes back to sleep until 9:30 or 10:00. It is a dream, I have never had a baby sleep like this before. I have also never had a thumb sucker. Jacob and Carter both took a binky, but a binky gets lost in the middle of the night and I have to stagger in their room and find it in the dark. A binky is hard to get into a babies mouth while driving, though I have attempted it many times, much more dangerous than talking on phone. I won't ever admit that I have tried talking on the phone AND putting a binky in a babies mouth while driving. A thumb is always there, easily accessible at all times day and night, while sleeping, riding in the car seat or playing at home. Let's face it, it's also extremely cute, until they are six and still sucking. I know I may hate it some day when we are trying to get her to quit, but for now I LOVE IT!


Three months old. It really does go by too fast. I love this baby!

11 comments:

lericksen said...

Natalie is so big. It seems like forever since I have seen you guys up there. Can't wait for BC

Stephanie said...

I will say it again: thumb and finger suckers are the best! Just make her quit when she's three, but unitl then, ENJOY it! Thanks again for the fabulous weekend & we can't wait to see you next week so we can continue the party!!

Kim W said...

I LOVE a thumb sucker. I tried to get all my kids to suck their thumbs, but no takers. It's just so cute and "little kid". Your sister is so much fun to chat with! Thanks for taking my mind off of things at the pool.

diane said...

Sam is sweet!

I was a thumb sucker. I may have worn braces twice now but who cares.

Her wardrobe is fabulous!

Ashley said...

She is starting to look more and more like a Wimmer. And yes, finger sucking is great-until they have teeth to screw up by doing so...I reveal my husband's profession.

Maree said...

LOVE having a thumb sucker--and she only does it now when she's really tired or stressed.

Natalie is getting so big! I love that picture of her sucking her thumb. It looks like she's trying to blow her eyes out of her head. She is such a cutie!

You've got an awesome family!

The Brunson Family said...

My baby twins are still sucking away. They do sleep pretty good because they always have a thumb. Don't worry I know a good orthodontist!

Valerie said...

The thumb sucking is nice and super cute. Just wait until she comes home from preschool with her hands dirty from the playground, but with a nice, clean thumb. Somehow, it still is cute, even the little overbite in her smile is.

The Family Rasheed said...

Oh my goodness she is cuter with every blog! I loved having a thumb sucker! It was so nice that Aysia was able to calm herself! However, it was hard trying to break her of it.

Laurie said...

Make her stop growing! I want her to still be small when we come at Thanksgiving. BTW - we need to make hotel arrangements for Disneyland ASAP. Call me!

Christine said...

Thumb sucking can be a life saver! I agree with you, it is adorable to see a baby sucking away on her thumb. Especially Natalie. She is SO cute! I am so glad you now have a precious baby girl.